Hey there everyone! Welcome to my site. My name is Mike, and in this post I’m going to give you a quick and dirty of who I am and what you can expect to find on this site.
WHO AM I?
Firstly, I’m an active duty U.S. Navy Seabee. Don’t know what that is? Don’t blame ya, most people don’t. If you do know, well then next round’s on me. Sometimes my language may be a bit rough but I’ll do my best to keep it PG. I’m a happily married man with a beautiful baby daughter who brings more joy to my life than I ever expected. I recently came home from an overseas deployment and decided it was high time to pick up a new motorcycle. I’ll get into the weeds on that in a later post but long story short, I bought a CSC RX3 Cyclone, and I couldn’t be happier.
WHAT IS THIS PLACE?
I created this site for a couple reasons. There is a serious concern in the moto world about these new Chinese motorcycles that are currently invading our shores. These bikes are greeted with skepticism, confusion, and often times…scorn. I’m here to take rip the curtains off that mystery and help others who may be interested in purchasing a new RX3, or other CSC motorcycle to make informed decisions. How am I going to do that? Good question, here’s a list. I know how you like your lists.
- Answering questions. All of them. If I can’t answer it, I’ll fight hard to find the answer for you.
- Tutorials, to include step by step instructions with high quality photos for each step of the process.
- Pictures, of my ride, my work, my trips, my mods, and the beautiful places my bike takes me.
- Articles about the moto world. I’m not a flippin’ paid journalist so I’m not going to blow your pants off with my pitch perfect writing. In fact I’m much more likely to ruffle your feathers with my poor vocabulary and even worse spelling. Thank you spellcheck.
- Resources: There are plenty of places on the net that I can help shed some light on. Need parts? Discussions? Forums? Event registrations? I’ve got your back.
WHO I’M NOT:
Though much of my content will be positive, I want to emphasize that I am not an employee of CSC motorcycles, and I’m not making any money by creating or maintaining this website. I’m just a guy who loves his bike and wants to share it with the world. I will do my best to keep my content honest, and present it to you in a manner that points out its flaws as well as its strengths. I’m a firm believer in never ‘complaining’ without offering a solution. So wherever I have the experience or know-how to make an informed, safe suggestion to a known issue, I will.
If any of this stuff interests you, go ahead and bookmark me. Put me at the bottom of the bookmark list, I don’t mind! Just check in on me every once in a while and please, do not hesitate to ask me anything, or to request content. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your time and support.
-Mike (Greasy Spanner)